I dont consider myself a very crafty hands on person. I can cut and punch things out, but dont ask me to sew, or build things! So I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make these favor bags with a custom iron on. Here is a close up picture of the muslin favor bags I created for my daughter's birthday party.
I ordered the muslin bags from Celestial Gifts, they have a wide variety of sizes, and the prices are very affordable. I bought these iron on transfers from Walmart, but you can find them at any office supply store, Michael's Craft Supply Store or order them directly from the internet. I used Illustrator to create the design, but you can use MS Word to create text, and even import clipart. Click here for a free download of the design I created, if you are planning your own Bumble Bee Theme Party.
Here are some simple instructions:
- Make sure to print your iron on using an inkjet printer (But follow the instructions of your iron on paper)
- Always iron on a hard, flat surface (not a padded ironing board), I ironed them on the floor. Just make sure you place something underneath to protect the surface.
- Once you have cut out the design, lay it on top of the muslin bag. (To make sure the muslin bag surface was flat and neat, I pre-ironed all my bags)
- Place the sticky side down onto fabric, and apply the heat. (Follow any specific instructions on the iron on paper you are using, since they all vary)
- After about 60 seconds of constant heat, your bag is done!
I would recommend getting an extra bag for practice, we learned with our first bag that our iron wasn't hot enough and the iron on transfer bubbled!
This is great for any type of favors for showers and even weddings.